When it comes to wearing pattern, winter dressing lends itself to endless opportunities. Here, we share some styling tips to unleash the unexpected pattern of your life…
1. Play with proportion. Layer on the stripes, pile on the tartan, sprinkle on the dots. Pairing different sizes or colors of the same pattern creates a very cool look.
2. Mix and match! Don’t be afraid to let said stripes, plaids and polka dots mingle.
3. The pièce de résistance. Whether it’s a pair of patchwork pants or a sweeping native print poncho, let your statement piece shine. Sort of like Raquel…
4. Don’t neglect your accessories! Scarves, hats, bags, tights, even your shoes all look better with a bit of pattern or texture.
5. There are no rules! Have fun, be bold, and try something outside your fashion comfort zone—life is too short to play is safe.
Photo by Craig McDean.